owned and run by volunteers for the benefit of the community
This role combines working from home, attendance at Board meetings and time spent in the shop.
The main duties are:
1. preparation for and oversight of the book-
2. setting a budget for the year
3. production of financial management reports from our computerised book-
4. production of statutory accounts and liaising with the auditors over the annual accounting review
5. liaising with the Treasurer over banking and payroll issues.
This role would suit someone with an accounting background either in the profession or in industry. The person could be retired or on a career break. A systematic and regular commitment is required.
Basic accounting knowledge and Excel skills are essential. Some knowledge of statutory accounts rules and basic VAT would be helpful.
More detail on each main duty is available on request.
Support and training will be provided for a transitional period.
Internet access for reviewing and producing reports from the QBO accounting system and the use of both Word and Excel are essential as well as a printer. Ability to access Open Office documents can also be useful.
For further details contact Ray on 01625 428831.